mercredi 19 mars 2008

Bullying at school

Watch the next video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wcx2qM5C4g&feature=related

This happens everyday!
What is going on in schools? I really feel so bad for all those kids who are abused at school.
I am getting prepare to become a teacher but I am so afraid of not knowing how to react if I know my students are being abused. I know the first reaction would be to go to the principal’s office but it is not always the correct answer… Sometimes the result can be even worse…

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Daniela

I watched the video, it is very touching; once again we can verify that bullying behaviour is a real social problem that has serious consequences for adults, teens and children.

Andrea

ViKY a dit…

Ouch...

Daniela, that video was heart crushing. I understand your fears... I have them also. I saw on TV one day about a way on intervention... Actually, showing these kinds of videos to your students would have a great impact, according to me. Instead of having an Oral comprehension on any kind of movie, might as well use these kinds of videos that will make them much more aware of the subject. They don't know how much words hurt until they see it for themselves. One day I was watching a show about a teacher that used discrimination in her classroom as an experiment and the students were very very convinced and even cried...

Children/students sometimes like to pick on weaker to get more confidence because they don't know any other way.

All in all, using this kind of videos in the classroom would be the best bet I think and the students concerned will feel bad and understand the intensity of their acts.

I hope I answered to your question :)