mercredi 26 mars 2008

«Moi j'apprends in english»

Hey! Do you have 5 minutes?
Check the article « Une éducation en anglais au bout du fil »

http://www.ledevoir.com/2008/03/26/182183.html

I actually do not see the point of criticizing the campaign. Actually, I found its slogan «Moi j'apprends in english» funny. It is true that it is using both languages but... come on! Don't we have something better to do? I mean, we know that Mme Malavoy looks for the respect of French and I do too! I believe French is a beautiful language that must be respected and loved but I really do not believe that the commission is being disrespectful in any way by using the slogan.
But well, none of these languages are my mother tongue. Maybe you have another point of view…
What do you think?
By the way, the only problem with the slogan is that English must be written with capital letter. That's disrespectful I'd say! ;)

2 commentaires:

Simon a dit…

I completely agree with you !
since the slogan is for francophones, I think it's a good idea to put the last part in english. It captures their attention with the use of french in the first part, then shows how important english is as a medium or learning. I think it is crucial to learn english with 100% English, but I don't see how this slogan could present a problem.
keep up the good work daniela, I love your blog !

Miky Boy a dit…

Wow! What a nice blog you have created! This slogan clearly shows the success law 22 (1970's law imposing the French language in the province of Quebec which later become law 101). It has succeed in maintening the French language, but only the French language and destroying the possibility of bilingualism for the majority. It would have provided Quebec's people a possibility of stronger corresponce with the rest of the world. The slogan clearly illustrated the sad situation of the English language in Quebec.